Blog/Log things to write about…
You should think of your blog/log in three ways:
RESEARCH – newspaper article, Internet, photos, drawings, following people, anything you need to do to understand the play, text, themes and character better.
TEXT PREPARATION – thinking script, annotations, objectives, actions etc.
REFLECTION - a diary of your rehearsals. Reflect on what happened in the rehearsal, what you discovered about the play or your character. Reflect on the challenges and the things the aims you need to set yourself for the next rehearsal. Reflect on what your director has asked of you.
Rehearsal process-
Things you should reflect on…
Week 1
Week 2 - World of the play
Week 3 –
Week - Blocking the play
This is the hw sheet I gave out two weeks ago:
The Frontline - Homework
These lists are for you to help develop character. For list B you will need to do some additional research to help you understand some of the alien things. There should be a track of this in your log.
THIS TEXT PREPARATION IS CRUCIAL FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND TO ENSURE YOUR ACTING BECOMES INSTINCTIVE.
WANT! DO! FEEL!
In its simplest form Staninlavski’s system is: WANT, DO, FEEL…
I want something. Therefore I do something. Consequently I feel something.
What I WANT is an OBJECTIVE. What I DO is anACTION. What I FEEL is an EMOTION.
Questions The eight questions, or W's, to ask about your character are:
WHO AM I?
WHERE AM I?
WHEN IS IT?
WHAT DO I NEED?
WHY DO I NEED IT NOW?
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I DON’T GET WHAT I NEED?
WHAT DO I DO TO GET WHAT I NEED?
WHAT MUST I OVERCOME?
WHO AM I? What kind of person am I? How do I perceive myself? What is my background, my upbringing, influences, experiences, perceptions,accomplishments, attitudes, likes and dislikes, education, occupation, relationships and characteristics? How might my attitudes be influenced by social custom and habits that are part of the era in which I live and the world in which I move? I must make all these decisions personaland particular to me so that I can identify myselfwith my character in every possible way.
WHERE AM I? What kind of place is it? Is it indoors or out- doors? What sort of furniture is there? What colours, smell, or sounds? What does it mean to me? What objects are there in this place? Are they personal to me? What is the weather, temperature and climate?
WHEN IS IT? What time of day? What season, year?
WHERE HAVE I COME FROM? What has happened previously? How did I get here? What have I brought with me? Where am I going afterwards?
WHAT DO I NEED? This is my ACTION. It is what I will strive for. It is my motivating force, my desire, wish, and intention.
WHY DO I NEED IT? This is my justification for my Action. I must have a strong reasons for needing my Action.
WHY DO I NEED IT NOW? Answer the questions: Why now? Why not later, or before? I must justify why I need my Action now. All Actions are immediate.
No comments:
Post a Comment